Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.
Life is busy. I realize that everyone is, in their own ways and its funny how we each live in our own worlds and think that we have the monopoly on being “busy”. Not everyone thinks this way but I do think that everyone thinks this way sometimes at least.
Here’s some bullet points of our “busy” lately:
- U2 Concert. Great, amazing, wonderful night out with The Accountant.
- Kiddo’s first swim lesson. She was more interested in playing on the water slide than doing what the instructor wanted but eventually got into it a bit.
- Kiddo’s birthday in a couple of weeks. Three years young. Time flies. There will be cake of the Spongebob variety.
- Running and first 5k in ages. This is the longest I’ve stuck with it and another race is coming up in a few weeks. I’m slow and red-faced and sweaty. But love how it makes me feel.
- 4th of July fireworks in the neighborhood were plenty enough to satisfy kiddo’s fleeting curiousity about them and we didn’t have to trek out in the heat or fight crowds.
- Summer Reading program with kiddo. Which basically consists of reading books to her and writing them on a chart. Read so many books, get a prize or two. She was rewarded with a punching balloon and a finger puppet when we reached the halfway point.
- The Accountant and I celebrated 12 years of marriage. Go us. We got a sitter and had a lovely night out on the town. Pretty perfect.
- We went on vacation in May to the beach. I can’t remember if I posted about that or not. It was great. Take a nanny if you have one or more kids. Trust me.
- The Job. Hello Learning Curve and Adjustment.
- Upcoming trips to Boston with my dad and then another trip to MA with The Accountant and Kiddo to visit friends.