Yes, I know that was a very original title for this post. So what. Newscoma tagged me for this meme and since I’ve never met a meme I could resist, here goes…
The rules are this:
1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you. Include the city/state and country you’re in.
Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
Lotus (Toronto, Canada)
tanabata (Saitama, Japan)
Andi (Dallas [ish], Texas, United States)
Todd (Louisville, Kentucky, United States)
miss kendra (los angeles, california, u.s.a)
Jiggs Casey (Berkeley, CA, USA! USA! USA!)
Tits McGee (New England, USA)
Joe (NE Tennessee, USA)
10K Monkeys (Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA)
Big Stupid Tommy (Athens, Tennessee, USA)
Newscoma (Weakley County, Tennessee, USA)
Finnspace (Springfield, Tennessee, USA)
2. List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location.
Now I live in the hills of Robertson County and the cuisine is not exactly the most diverse so I may have to stretch it to come up with five but we shall do our very best, ‘kay?
1. El Alteno. This is a Mexican place (obviously) on Memorial Blvd next to the Catfish House (see # 2). The waiters always greet us with an “hola amigo” and chuckle at our attempts to converse in Spanish with them. But hey, we try. My usual is the taco salad with beef, no guacamole and extra sour cream. Deeee-lish.
2. The Catfish House. For all things catfish, go here. Fried, grilled and otherwise. This place is packed on Sundays with the after-church crowd and you’re bound to see someone you know. Although that’s true pretty much anywhere around town.
3. Torino’s. Owned by honest-to-goodness Italians (or are they Greek?), I was delighted when we discovered this restaurant. My fav is either the spaghetti with meat sauce or the personal pepperoni pizza.
4. Courthouse Cafe. I’ve only eaten here once and keep meaning to go back but it’s not a place I think of often for some reason. Owned by Bobby Hamilton, Jr (NASCAR fans know who I’m talking about) it’s a greasy spoon on the court square that serves up a mean burger and I hear some good meat and three dishes as well. Need I tell you about the decor?
5. The Depot. An old train depot, then a liquor store, now a restaurant. At least that’s the story I was told. This all-American cute-as-a-button establishment sits right next to the train tracks, as you’d expect a train depot to do. Standing room only on weekends. The crowd is lively, the bar is hoppin’ and the food and the service are spot on.
6. Johnny’s. I have to add this one to the list even though I’m officially going over my five. Johnny’s is actually in Clarksville and is across from Austin Peay State University (my alma mater) on College Street. Johnny’s is near and dear to my heart and was a favorite late night hang out back in the day. Burgers and fries to die for, 80s arcade games, chrome barstools, and a jukebox full of 45s, this place is legendary in the land of Peay.
Feel free to take the meme and run with it if you so desire. Or not. I know memes aren’t for everyone. Hee. But I’d be interested to see what Scout and/or the Queen of Her Own Universe and/or A Natural Deficiency have to share on this one.